WIO Crikey is inspired by the unique red habitats of the Great Red Continent, Australia.
Australia, the land of rugged beauty and unique wildlife, boasts a diverse and stunning landscape.
In the heart of the continent lies the Red Center, where the ochre earth, tinged with rust and red, stretches as far as the eye can see. This is where Uluru rises from the land like a great red sentinel, its surface weathered and pitted by the wind and sun, a testament to the power of the elements.
To the west, the Pilbara region is a geological wonderland with iron-rich red rocks and banded iron formations that are billions of years old. The stark beauty of this landscape has been shaped over millennia by the forces of nature, with deep gorges carved by rushing rivers and rugged hills rising from the plains.
In the north, the Kimberley region is a wilderness of rugged mountains and gorges, with dramatic cliffs and waterfalls cascading down the red rock faces. The landscape here is vast and awe-inspiring, with ancient rock formations that have been sculpted by the elements over millions of years.
And finally, the red soils of the Outback are home to an incredible array of unique flora and fauna.
In short, the red landscapes of Australia are a sight to behold, a testament to the power of nature and the resilience of life in the face of adversity.
The warm, ochre colours of the Crikey Riverbeds are reminiscent of the red sand and rocks found in the Australian lands, while the inclusion of woody materials and shells adds dark and light contrast and detail. This carefully crafted substrate combines sand and reddish gravel mixed with crushed pieces of red rocks, botanicals, and even tiny snail shells, providing an authentic recipe for a natural habitat display.
This substrate would be the perfect addition to a biotope for small Rainbowfishes or even a paludarium-style display for crabs, adding a touch of the Australian Outback to your aquarium.
- Inspired by the unique red habitats of Australia.
- Blend of sand and reddish gravel mixed with crushed pieces of red rocks, botanicals and tiny snail shells.
- Perfect for small Rainbowfishes or a paludarium-style display for crabs.
- Provides endless possibilities for nature artists.
- Easy to manipulate and spread in your aquarium.
Riverbed substrates are suitable for any aquarium or terrarium design and provide a unique and natural touch to your aquatic environment.
They can be used as a standalone substrate or mixed with other sands, gravels or biotope beds.
Perfect for aquascape detailing.
Made with 100% natural, non-toxic materials.
- Colour: Reddish gravel mixed with crushed pieces of red rocks, woody material, snail shells, and botanicals.
- Material: Natural gravel, rocks, woody material, snail shells, and botanicals.
- Size mix: 0.1-20mm.
- Materials: 100% natural and non-toxic.
- Water hardness: Does not affect water hardness.
- Pre-washed for your convenience and can be used without rinse.
- You can gently pass a net over the water's surface to remove floating particles.
- The arbitrary distribution of the bag content creates a natural Riverbed impression with random densities and content mix, resulting in an easy, fun, and impressive way to create an authentic slice of nature.
- These Riverbeds are suitable for everyone, from the newbie to the professional nature creator, and can be used to achieve outstanding results.
- You don't need any special skills or tools to manipulate and spread the Riverbed in your aquarium or terrarium, making it an accessible and non-invasive way to enhance the natural look of your aquatic or terrestrial environment.
- Riverbeds are made from 100% natural and non-toxic materials.
- Safe for fish, shrimps, and other aquatic animals.