Our new Shellbed substrate provides biotope enthusiasts with the ingredients to create truly authentic and rich displays that cater to the inhabitants' needs.
This substrate can be used to recreate a variety of habitats, including the deep lakes of the African Rift Valley, the karst streams of the Bodoquena highlands of western Brazil or coastal and estuarine environments from around the world.
The substrate can be used independently or mixed with sand and other materials to create vibrant and natural substrates. Finally, the bright aesthetic of the shells and the highly textured surface they provide offer beauty and contrast with décor and plants.
Riverbed substrates are suitable for any aquarium or terrarium design and provide a unique and natural touch to your aquatic environment.
They can be used as a standalone substrate or mixed with other sands, gravels or biotope beds.
Perfect for aquascape detailing.
Made with 100% natural, non-toxic materials.
- Colour: Mixture of crushed shells
- Material: 100% natural and non-toxic materials.
- Size mix: 0.1-5mm.
- Water hardness: Does affect water hardness.
- Pre-washed for your convenience and can be used without rinse.
- You can gently pass a net over the water's surface to remove floating particles.
- The arbitrary distribution of the bag content creates a natural Riverbed impression with random densities and content mix, resulting in an easy, fun, and impressive way to create an authentic slice of nature.
- These Riverbeds are suitable for everyone, from the newbie to the professional nature creator, and can be used to achieve outstanding results.
- You don't need any special skills or tools to manipulate and spread the Riverbed in your aquarium or terrarium, making it an accessible and non-invasive way to enhance the natural look of your aquatic or terrestrial environment.
- Riverbeds are made from 100% natural and non-toxic materials.
- Safe for fish, shrimps, and other aquatic animals.