WIO Nautilus Dark is an ideal substrate for aquascapers or biotope enthusiasts looking to recreate natural habitats in their aquariums. This dark version of Nautilus was inspired by the bed of Lake Turkana in Africa and the blends of sand and black snail shells found in streams and ditches in the Pantanal wetlands of Brazil.
Lake Turkana, in Africa, is one of the largest alkaline lakes in the world.
The bed of Lake Turkana is known for its volcanic black sand and the natural mix of snail shells, fish bones, and other organic materials that create a diverse and fascinating environment. Nautilus Dark captures this unique and dynamic environment and brings it to your aquarium.
The substrate is a mix blend of dark sands, gravels, crushed shells, and different sizes of shells that create a high contrast and natural impression in your aquarium. The dark colouration of Nautilus Dark is perfect for showcasing the bright and vivid colours of your aquatic plants and fishes.
- Unique and high-contrast biotope bed inspired by Lake Turkana in Africa and Pantanal wetlands in Brazil.
- Mix blend of dark sands, gravels, crushed shells, and different sizes of whole shells.
- Suitable for any aquarium or terrarium design.
- Non-toxic and 100% natural material.
- Easy to manipulate and spread in your aquarium.
Riverbed substrates are suitable for any aquarium or terrarium design and provide a unique and natural touch to your aquatic environment.
They can be used as a standalone substrate or mixed with other sands, gravels or biotope beds.
Perfect for aquascape detailing.
Made with 100% natural, non-toxic materials.
- Colour: Dark brown to black.
- Material: Dark sands, gravels, crushed shells, and different sizes of shell mix.
- Size mix: 0.1-50mm.
- Materials: Non-toxic and all-natural sands and shells.
- Water hardness: Does affect water hardness.
- Pre-washed for your convenience and can be used without rinse.
- You can gently pass a net over the water's surface to remove floating particles.
- The arbitrary distribution of the bag content creates a natural Riverbed impression with random densities and content mix, resulting in an easy, fun, and impressive way to create an authentic slice of nature.
- These Riverbeds are suitable for everyone, from the newbie to the professional nature creator, and can be used to achieve outstanding results.
- You don't need any special skills or tools to manipulate and spread the Riverbed in your aquarium or terrarium, making it an accessible and non-invasive way to enhance the natural look of your aquatic or terrestrial environment.
- Riverbeds are made from 100% natural and non-toxic materials.
- Safe for fish, shrimps, and other aquatic animals.